[SI-LIST] Re: Areas of research

  • From: "Salkow, Steven" <steven.salkow@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Blanchard <john.blanchard77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:50:47 -0700

John:
There is a lot of interest today in High Density Interconnect, Thermal
Coefficient matching those of the BGA that get mounted to them, higher
speed designs requiring improved properties while still being reasonable
to manufacture, alternatives to Plasma etch back (more drillable
materials), via in pad will fill and planarization, buried R's using
inkjet. A way to get good ideas is to offer to help a high tech PCB
fabricator solve problems they are having. Higher aspect ratios are an
area of interest. Necessity is the mother of invention. You could verify
the various Broadside coupled impedance equations that have been
published and compare these. (search google for : broadside equation
impedance

Get back to me if you do that work. I would be interested.

Steven Salkow
Lockheed IS&GS
3110 Zanker Rd, San Jose
Ca. 95134