[SI-LIST] Re: Are there any ways to use DSO type scopes for eye p attern measure ment?

  • From: "Dagostino, Tom" <tom_dagostino@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'John@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, slai <slai@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:01:10 -0800

When viewing eye patterns you either have to have the scope trigger on =
a clock signal that has a frequency of the max data transfer rate.  If =
you are looking at 100 MB/sec then you need a stable synchronous clock =
of 100 MHz.  You cannot trigger on the signal you are trying to =
observe.  You then can set the display on the scope to be in =
persistence or whatever to get the best display.  Any scope will do eye =
patterns, some just add more processing and display features.

Tom Dagostino
Modeling Manager
Mentor Graphics Corp.
SAE