[SI-LIST] Re: Antwort: Re: Questions about interplane capacitance

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris Cheng <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 22:54:06 -0700

Chris if the IC has a good non-resonant low pass, then we only need to
be resistive up to about 2X Fcut-off for power delivery to the chip.
Above that the system can appear inductive for power delivery.  There
are a lot of chips out there where the internal bypass is resonant and
this causes all manner of chaos.

We've talked about I/O return currents and don't need to hash that out.

Best Regards,

Steve.

--
Steve Weir
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882

California office
(408) 884-3985 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax

Main office
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Oregon office
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com
This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: