[SI-LIST] Antw: Hyperlynx

  • From: "Robert Nowak" <RNowak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <nico.fleurinck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:31:24 +0100

Hi Nico,

At our company we use Bordsim (with Multiboard and XTALK option) and
Linesim with coupling line option. We have also the EMC option for
Board and Linesim. However i have use the EMC options rare and cannot
tell you too much about it.

Advantages:
I think the Hyperlynx Tools are very simple handle (you get quick results w=
ith
less overhead). Hyperlynx Boardsim have interface to many CAD-Layoutsystems=
=2E
I can only talk abaut the PowerPCB interface (we use PowerPCB in our compan=
y).
The Interface is integrated in PowerPCB and you must push only few buttons
and you can simulate your design (layout).=20
Boadsim can simulate XTAK (option). With the multiboard option you can simu=
late
Boards that are connected with simple connetor models (C,L & R or Z and Tpd=
).

You can analyse your Board with the Board Wizard in detailed (acccurate but=
 slow)
or quick (fast, only approximations) mode. The Board Wizard runs in batch m=
ode
and give you a detailed report about flight time, over/under shoot, multi t=
hreshold=20
crossing and xtalk.=20
The termination wizard help you to terminate correctly your lines.

With Linesim you can simulate miscellaneous transmission line topologys.
You can decide XTALK, reflections, overshoot ...=20
We use Linesim to define our design high speed rules (trace spacing, trace =
width,
routing length and topology, boad stackup ...).

Disadvantages (at the moment Version 6.1):
Hyperlynx can simulate only lossless lines !!
You cannot run Monte Carlo analyses.
You can only view six waveforms at the same time, Hyperlynx use a virtual
6 channel oscilloscope to view simulation results.
You can only use ibis models for simulations.
You can only simulate capacitors, inductors (ferrit beads), resistors and
IC IO's (inputs, outputs, bidir pins, open collector..) but no "analog"
components like transistors series diodes ....

Regards

Robert Nowak

Austrian Gaming Industries
email: rnowak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=3D20=20

>>> "Nico Fleurinck" <nico.fleurinck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 20.02.2003  09.34 Uhr >>=

Hoi Robert,
I saw that you are working with Hyperlynx, can you send me your experiences
with the tool.
Because I'm also thinking to buy the tool, but it's always interesting to
hear some advantages en disadvantages of the users self.
So can you please send me some feedback about the hyperlynx tool you use.

greetings,
Nico