[SI-LIST] Re: Antipad dimensions

  • From: "Landau, Yoni" <yoni.landau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Karthik Raj Guruchandran <karthik.guruchandran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 22:50:06 +0200

Hi Karthik,

I don't know if this is the most important factor but we have seen in our
designs that
the clearance on the GND layers above and below the signal traces caused by the
via clearances can drastically impact signal integrity.
These clearances impact the returning current path on the GND layers and change
the characteristic impedance of the signal traces.
At high freq this can impact your signal integrity.

Thanks, Yoni