[SI-LIST] Re: Allegro PCB SI Multi board setup

  • From: Mohamed Khaleel <gotokhaleel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: narasimha rao <narasimharaopatil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:04:37 +0530

Hello Narashima,
I landed up here when I too faced the same issue with Allegro PCB SI16.5. I
could figure out where the problem is.
When you try to connect the two designs in the designlink, you would
normally select Connect by Component. When you click this, a dialog box
opens and when you enter the details of the connector refdes, *DO NOT *type
the refdes name. Rather use the *drop down list box to select the refdes *that
you intend to connect. This seems to a bug with the tool. By this way I
never got this problem again.

"Each pin name field must contain one word" means that the refdes doesnt
have any pins attached to it. That is, the component has not picked up the
refdes itself.

Regards,
Khaleel

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM, narasimha rao
<narasimharaopatil@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> While working with Multi board simulation, need to connect two designs.
> During initialization process it gives an error saying
> "Each pin name field must contain one word"
> and unable to connect from one design to another design.
>
> Can anybody help me in this issue ?
>
> Regards,
> Narasimha

> List technical documents are available at: