[SI-LIST] Re: Allegro

  • From: Christian Trudeau <trudeauc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:44:16 -0400

Rafael,
We currently use the Cadence Allegro tools in our design area and have
found them to be very good.  I would venture to say that Allegro is the
most widely used of the PCB design tools.  The only caution to take is
that the Cadence tools can be hard to come up the learning curve.  The
tools are very powerful and hence require some education on the use.
Cadence training is good and can go a long way to getting you started. The
Cadence PCB tool sweet is not cheap either so get ready to open the wallet
!

As far as the functionality of their tools we have been very pleased. They
are very involved with IBM in helping us with new developments for our
design needs and I am sure with other companies as well.  Good luck!

Thanks,

Christian Trudeau
IBM Corporation
ASIC Core Development Circuit Board Design Team
E-Mail : trudeauc@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone : 802-769-5333

"pentsapor" <pentsapor@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
07/14/2004 06:55 AM
Please respond to
pentsapor

si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[SI-LIST] Allegro

Hello all:

My name's Rafael. I have a question about PCB design software. I work
with an old version of Zuken CadStar to design my PCBs, and I`m
thinking in changing to Cadence Allegro. My question is: Is it a good
election, or you recommend me another one?

Thank you.

Rafael.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: