[SI-LIST] Re: Allegro

  • From: "John Matthews" <john.matthews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:02:04 +0100

We use Cadstar, but we don't use their SI tool.

Up to now, I would have considered it to be quite poor, it was
supposed to have a termination value advisor, but this just gave
a default value of someting like 49 ohms
regardless. Not much help, really. Basically I found the tool
very limited, I had it for a month and decided it was not worth
the money or time for setting up the board.
Our boards are not huge, so it's easier for us to just get a
proto built and do real testing.

They apparently have a new tool coming out, which they say has
improved immensely, but at £18000 it would want to have
improved.

John Matthews,
Hardware Engineer,
Virtual Access Ireland Ltd,