[SI-LIST] Re: Advice

  • From: Istvan Novak <istvan.novak@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Smith, Justin D." <Justin.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 23:32:38 -0400

Justin,

As it was already pointed out, the discontinuity created by the
DC-blocking capacitor could be minimized by combining with existing
features on the board and possibly reduce the number of vias in the
chain.  This having said, assuming that the discontinuity created by the
capacitor is identified and kept the same as you move it along the trace
in module 1, the result very well may depend on the location.  As it was
pointed out earlier to a similar question, if we change the sequence
(reshuffle the order) of linear reciprocal building blocks, the
end-to-end result (voltage transfer function and input reflection) stays
the same only under special circumstances.

Regards,

Istvan Novak
SUN Microsystems

List technical documents are available at: