[SI-LIST] Re: About the Cref in IBIS Model

  • From: james.f.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: yinko_cheng@xxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 04:12:44 -0700

Yinko,

I believe the model was made incorrectly. The "test" waveform (based on
either a dv/dt number or a V/T curve), should have had a load that =
matched
the data sheet - which in this case would have included a Cref of 50pf. =
If
it doesn't, then the timing analysis will be inaccurate. It should show =
longer delay (because of the double dipping effect of the timing in the =
data
sheet with a 50pf load and the timing in the SI analysis). A longer =
delay is
more conservative when looking at setup timing, but is less =
conservative and
a problem when looking at hold times. In other words, it can be telling =
you
that your hold time is good when it's really not.

call your model maker and ask them to fix the problem.

Jim Peterson
Honeywell