[SI-LIST] Re: About agilent calibration kits

  • From: Brian Rautio <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Smith <swagguy18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 18:49:36 +0000

Your VNA should have a setting in the calibration menu to specify what
calibration standards you're using.  If you're lucky, 85032E will be one of the
options.  If not, you may have to install the standard definitions (or if
you're unlucky type them in by hand).  If you're unfamiliar with VNA
calibration in general, be sure to take care with the connectors and follow ALL
the guidelines in the documentation (this is very important!).

Your manual probably specifies to use the 85052B because it's a higher end kit.
 In theory, you will get a better calibration, but for most measurements the
85032E will work just fine when used properly.

Brian

On May 16, 2011, at 2:34 PM, John Smith wrote:

> Hi, experts,
> I am doing S11 measurements using agilent PNA N5230A. My device under test
> is a two-meter SRC cable. In the manual, it suggests me to use 85052B or
> 85052D calibration kit. But for some reason, in my lab I get only 85032E
> calibration kit. Can anyone tell me if I should use it to calibrate my
> network analyzer? Will this make my measurement incorrent?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> John Smith

> List technical documents are available at: