[SI-LIST] Re: About SpecctraQuest Crosstalk Simulation

  • From: "Ken Willis" <kwillis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yifan@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:54:33 -0700

Hi,

In an Allegro layout for a dense high-speed design, there may be
30 coupled segments or more for a given victim signal, depending
on the Geometry Window you use. Displaying this in SigXplorer would
basically be a mess. So detailed post-layout xtalk simulation is done
at the board level with SPECCTRAQuest, not extracted into SigXp.
You can click on the Probe icon to select some signals for analysis.

You do have the ability to extract coupled diff pairs into SigXp
from layout, and also the ability to build any coupled topology
interactively in SigXp for what-if analysis. Hope this helps.

Ken