[SI-LIST] Re: About Common-mode insertion loss of differential mode S-parameter

  • From: Antonis Orphanou <aorphanou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "zhanglub@xxxxxxxxxx" <zhanglub@xxxxxxxxxx>, "peng_shao@xxxxxxxxxx" <peng_shao@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:20:33 +0000

You can observe the power balance (careful this is a lossy system) that can
link column by column your single ended or mixed mode matrices. This is a good
way to see a relationship between the relevant s parameters elements.

Sent from Samsung tablet
Lucian Zhang <zhanglub@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you.
But I still want to know how to define the Bandwidth of differential
transmission channel
from its mixed-mode S-paramter matrix.
Also, if S21CC is bigger, will the SI of diffrential signal decrease more
obviously?

"Shao, Peng" <Peng_Shao@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2011-12-28 23:35

Lucian Zhang <zhanglub@xxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[SI-LIST] Re: About Common-mode insertion loss of differential mode
S-parameter

There is not certain relationship among: S21CC, S21DD, S21DC, or S21CD.
The distribution of common mode EM field is different from the
differential mode field.
So, you assumption is correct, the loss of common and differential mode is
different.

Shaopeng
AE Consultant   Mentor Graphics Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
 Tel:  +86-10 - 5930 4050
Cell:  +86-136 1105 7707
Fax:  +86-10-6808 0319
E-mail: peng_shao@xxxxxxxxxx
 Address: RM1512, CanWay Building, No.66 NanLiShi Lu, Beijing, China
100045