[SI-LIST] AW: Transmitter Jitter Setup for simulations of 5Gbps SERDES

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ihirshtal@xxxxxxxxxx" <ihirshtal@xxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:58:19 +0000

The Jitter Values can be given in either "RMS" or "Peak to Peak". Check what
kind of input the simulator engine needs, and if it agrees to the datasheet
numbers you punched in. If simulator uses RMS and Datasheet gives P2P, then you
need to convert the jitter values using a BER based conversion table.

BR
Gert

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH, Marienwerderstraße 3, D-32339 Espelkamp;
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRB 8808;
Vertretungsberechtige Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Kfm. Edgar-Peter Düning,
Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Ratzmann