[SI-LIST] AW: Simulation problems with SSTL2 IBIS model (TI CDCV850)

  • From: Linnenbruegger Dirk <Dirk.Linnenbruegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:24:57 +0200

Hi all,
Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Well, I think it is difficult to discuss something when
you don't know any details about the used models and=20
simulation tools. So, here they are.

For the simulation I used the following IBIS model
which can be downloaded from the TI website at:

CDCV850 IBIS Model (SCAM025, 49 KB - Updated: 06/20/2002)
http://www-s.ti.com/sc/psheets/scam025/scam025.ibs

TL: Z0=3D60Ohm, Td=3D0.5ns, Clock Frequency=3D100MHz
|\ Y0    ____
| \-----|____|---|=20
|  \      TL     |_
|  /           | | |  60R
| /      _TL_    |_|
|/=B0-----|____|---|=20
   Y0-
 =20
 Y0-: CDCV850_DOUT, Y0: CDCV850_DOUT=20

As I mentioned in my previous email, I performed the simulation=20
with two common simulation tools. These tools were Hspice 2002.2=20
and SpecctraQuest 14.2. I've also performed the same simulation=20
with older releases, but they show all the strange behavior.
The output signals from Y0 and Y0- cross near the low voltage=20
state instead of in the middle of the high and low state.

From my point of view it seems, that SpecctraQuest as well as=20
Hspice have problems to compute the correct waveforms,=20
because I have compared these results with HyperLynx (Innoveda),=20
Hot-Stage (Zuken), XTK and a simulation result based on an Hspice=20
transistor level model. These results look quite well.

Maybe someone of you has an idea about the differences in=20
handling IBIS files or what I should do to get good=20
simulation results.

Many thanks,
Dirk.
=20