[SI-LIST] AW: Re: References on electrical properties of dielectric materi

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 07:07:18 +0000

The Time depends on the Design because Solderresist is water tight. We use some
PCBs with two time Solderresist coating and bury them in earth, Concrete and in
some applications even in water directly and they stay dry on the inside. If
you want to get a homogenious and quick saturation: don't use any Solder resist.

In regards to temperature one also has to take the very high metallic losses
into account which, on a PCB,  are somewhat higher than that of pure Copper.

BR
Gert

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH, Marienwerderstraße 3, D-32339 Espelkamp;
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRB 8808;
Vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Kfm. Edgar-Peter Düning,
Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Ratzmann, Dipl.-Wirtschaftsing. Ralf Martin Klein