[SI-LIST] AW: ??: Re: ??: Re: How to measure the actual impedance of a stripline with DSA8200(TDR)

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "John Lee" <venussoso@xxxxxxxx>, "steve weir" <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:18:26 +0100

Hi John,

 How is Vdd and Vss connected on your Test coupon? To match the Polar results,
both have to be connected to give a clean GND return path.

BR
Gert

PS I hope this comes out right, from my previous mail the system cut off the
first 3 lines of text.

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH & Co. KG; Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Espelkamp; Registergericht: Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRA 5596; persönlich
haftende Gesellschafterin: HARTING Electronics Management GmbH; Sitz der
Komplementär-GmbH: Espelkamp; Registergericht der Komplementär-GmbH: Bad
Oeynhausen; Register-Nr. der Komplementär-GmbH: HRB 8808; Geschäftsführer:
Edgar-Peter Duening, Torsten Ratzmann, Dr. Alexander Rost
发件人: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
主题: [SI-LIST] Re: 回复: Re: How to measure the actual impedance of a stripline
with DSA8200(TDR)
收件人: "John Lee" <venussoso@xxxxxxxx>
抄送: "SI LIST" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
日期: 2011年1月13日,周四,下午5:09

John, no don't add one.  Having one might have accounted for the error.

Your test coupon should look like the rest of your PCB.  Where you have solid
planes in the PCB they should exist in the coupon.

How dense is the copper on L4 in the vicinity of the signal that is giving you
trouble?  What are your dielectric thicknesses, and trace widths?

Steve.

--
Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC