[SI-LIST] Re: AW: Re: Not quite ready to let go of the WOM gag yet ....

  • From: <art_porter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 08:03:00 -0600

There is a guy who lives a few blocks from me who has an actual windmill
mounted on the back of his pickup. I asked him about it one day and he said
"You wouldn't believe the gas I save by generating electricity with the
windmill." He didn't look like the type who would want to know about the Second
Law, so I just said, "What an interesting idea." Hope - and suckers - spring
eternal, as the saying goes. Actually no one has satisfactorily proven the
Second Law yet, so who knows? The Universe looks sort of like a Perpetuum
Mobile in some ways. At least it's been going for several billion years, and
appears to be speeding up, not slowing down.
Art Porter
Agilent Technologies