[SI-LIST] Re: AW: Question Regarding Some IBIS Parameters

  • From: "Timothy Coyle" <Timothy.Coyle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: eckhard.lenski <eckhard.lenski@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:21:36 -0400

Hello Eckhard,
Thank you for your response. I was asking about the pin mapping. From the
other responses I've received, I gather I just
need to define the same ground and power for the appropriate sets of IO
pins.

Regards,
Tim

|         |           eckhard.lenski@si|
|         |           emens.com        |
|         |           10/17/2002 05:59 |

si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx@Internet                                               |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  [SI-LIST] AW: Question Regarding Some IBIS Parameters

Hello Timothy,=20
let's start with over-undershoot:

IBIS-Definition:
|              The static overshoot subparameters provide the DC =
voltage
|               values for which the model is no longer guaranteed to =
function
|               correctly.  Typically these are voltages that would =
cause the
|               physical component to be destroyed.
|

|               The dynamic overshoot values provide a time window =
during
|               which the overshoot may exceed the static overshoot =
limits
|               but be below the dynamic overshoot limits.  =
D_overshoot_time
|               is required for dynamic overshoot testing.  In =
addition, if
|               D_overshoot_high is specified, then S_overshoot_high is
|               necessary for testing beyond the static limit.  =
Similarly, if
|               D_overshoot_low is specified, then S_overshoot_low is
|               necessary for testing beyond the static limit.

The tools are using these parameters to give the desingn engineer =
information, whether something in his layout is not okay. e.g. when =
there is a to big undershoot he might use a series resistor to avoid =
this undershoot.

Reference for power-clamp and gnd-clamp

-there exists input/outputs, where the protection diode is using =
another suply voltage than the IO. e.g. the IO is working with 3p3V, =
but the power-diode is connected to a vcc of 5V. so in this case the =
pullup-reference will be 3.3v , but the power-clamp-reference is 5v.

And I don't understand your first question.
Are you just asking for the pinning ( PIN-keyword ) or for the pin =
mapping ( which tells you, which IOs or IO groups do belong to a common =
gnd or vcc pin) ?

Regards
Eckhard

Eckhard Lenski