[SI-LIST] AW: Loose coupling vs tight at the same time

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 09:05:52 +0000

Marc-André,

Even with good design, you will have some discontinuity in either the common or
the differential mode. This alone isn't critical if transitions are well
designed, but it might create a resonance if more than one transition back and
forth happens along the line. Especially if there are equal electrical lengths
in between the transitions.
You can check for resonance frequencies with a simple circuit simulation with
trace or W-elements.

BR
Gert

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH, Marienwerderstraße 3, D-32339 Espelkamp;
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRB 8808;
Vertretungsberechtige Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Kfm. Edgar-Peter Düning,
Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Ratzmann