[SI-LIST] Re: AW: IBIS-AMI Simulation produces split eye diagram

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Todd Westerhoff <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 15:36:47 +0100

Hello,

according to the description I would expect an issue in the eye
calculation / the postprocessing.
I guess this is really a hard edge where you even can take any bitmap
manipulating software, cut out the 1/3 and place it on the other side of
the 2/3 to get a nice eye again.
In this case this is definitely no issue of the channel, just a problem
of the tools (maybe a combination of model, simulator and
postprocessing) that the tool does not recognize the correct location of
the eye in the Unit interval.

Maybe it is possible to change the behavior by adding some initial delays.
But I guess it is really difficult to find the real reason without
support of the tool vendor. Usually they should be interested in getting
such cases to make their tools robust against such problems ...

Best regards

Hermann

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer