[SI-LIST] AW: FR4 Permittivity

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cyril.chastang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cyril.chastang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:16:01 +0000

This isn't good data.
First of all, they only tested only once (you can tell that there is no
variation in their Test results).
Second, they don't specify the test Method they used, and there are official
test methods giving totally wrong results (the old 1MHz plate capacitor method
@ 1MHz used to be quite inaccurate).
Third, the Data is measured at 1MHz, thus these values are useless for speeds
exceeding 100MHz

I recommend to go by the Datasheet (Isola is usually very good at dk/df
testing), or test it on your own, but 2.173 is physically impossible for glass
reinforced resin as the glass altready has a much higher dk.

BR
Gert

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH, Marienwerderstraße 3, D-32339 Espelkamp;
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRB 8808;
Vertretungsberechtige Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Kfm. Edgar-Peter Düning,
Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Ratzmann