[SI-LIST] AW: Effect of temperature on at 200C for DDR3/4 boards

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 15:48:54 +0100

Hi Barthi,

Your question is how the characteristic impedance of the PCB is affected by
high temperatures (100°C)?

The Temperature shouldn't have a big influence on impedance. The series
resistance will increase, but the result will just be higher losses. The board
sice will increase with temperature, but each differential pair will just see
fractions of this extra size, in my eyes not enough to worry about impedance
changes.

I don't think you have to worry about temperature related impedance changes on
regular PCB at all, but I can't proof that with simulations or measurements.

BR
Gert

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH & Co. KG; Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Espelkamp; Registergericht: Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRA 5596; persönlich
haftende Gesellschafterin: HARTING Electronics Management GmbH; Sitz der
Komplementär-GmbH: Espelkamp; Registergericht der Komplementär-GmbH: Bad
Oeynhausen; Register-Nr. der Komplementär-GmbH: HRB 8808; Geschäftsführer:
Torsten Ratzmann