[SI-LIST] AW: Different Simulation Results

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:58:55 +0100

do you see 15-20dB in IL and RL? If so, then I think the material parameters
are somehow different. Or is the difference just in the coupling?

In general, different Tools use different methods, but they should not have
such enormus difference, but different tools also allow different errors when
setting up  the simulation. You will always get an answer to the chosen
simulation setup. How close the setup is to reality is user dependent.
I havn't used SIwave, but I know that HFSS sometimes has problems to get PCB
traces calculated correctly. This kind of simulation needs special care. I
prefer CST for 3D PBC simulations.

BR
Gert

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH & Co. KG; Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Espelkamp; Registergericht: Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRA 5596; persönlich
haftende Gesellschafterin: HARTING Electronics Management GmbH; Sitz der
Komplementär-GmbH: Espelkamp; Registergericht der Komplementär-GmbH: Bad
Oeynhausen; Register-Nr. der Komplementär-GmbH: HRB 8808; Geschäftsführer:
Torsten Ratzmann