[SI-LIST] AW: AW: Re: AW: S-parameter model from Datasheet

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:41:06 +0000

Ihsan,
your theory is correct, sorry for not beeing accurate enought in making my
point.

If you try match any model vehicle to s-parameter magnitudes, then fractions of
dB difference in RL can have huge differences in phase. That?s why I said it
can?t be done without knowing anything about phase, you will have a very hard
time to get a perfect match over wide frequency.
I?ve been down that road, and even with knowing the phase it is hard work. I
started using only magnitudes, and then I looked at the phase and I was way
off. Ever since then I check the phase too.

I have two s-parameter files of a transmission line where IL and RL are very
close, but the phase is off because the length of the traces is different while
impedance and losses were the same. If you (or others) are interested in seeing
those, I can send them privately.

BR
Gert