[SI-LIST] AW: 8-Layer asymmetrical Stackup

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Embedded <hw_si@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:36:27 +0200

If you are using prepregs and laminates of equal thickness, and have a lot of
copper on all signal layers, Then depending on the ammount of copper and the
routing direction on the Signal Layer you might be able to get around warpage
issues (good luck).
You should be very careful with running high speed signals on L2 and L7. the
copper flood on the component layer will have a lot of openings where the
solder pads are, these are discontinuities in the GND return path.

BR
Gert

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH & Co. KG; Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Espelkamp; Registergericht: Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRA 5596; persönlich
haftende Gesellschafterin: HARTING Electronics Management GmbH; Sitz der
Komplementär-GmbH: Espelkamp; Registergericht der Komplementär-GmbH: Bad
Oeynhausen; Register-Nr. der Komplementär-GmbH: HRB 8808; Geschäftsführer:
Torsten Ratzmann