[SI-LIST] AW: 40 GHz probe calibration

  • From: "Ippich, Alexander" <alexander.ippich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arnshah@xxxxxxxxx" <arnshah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 06:39:10 +0000

Arnav,

I can confirm, that when attempting to calibrate GSSG style microprobes with
1000um S/G pitch, I also do see return loss much worse than 20dB at 40GHz. The
probes were calibrated with the recommended calibration substrate from the same
supplier.

The measurement protocol that was shipped with the probes states a S11 of
around -5dB at 40dB into a 50ohm load.

I would recommend using GSG style probes and smaller pitches to alleviate the
issue.

Best regards,
alex