[SI-LIST] AW: 100ohm via model

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sureshkumar.ayyavu@xxxxxxxxx" <sureshkumar.ayyavu@xxxxxxxxx>, "<si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 07:38:51 +0000

Hi Suresh,
making the antipad bigger increases inductance of the trace because the GND
Reference is missing inside the antipad. Use bigger traces in the void area, or
keep the antipad of the signals reference planes small.
And keep in mind: most of the capacitive impedance peak is caused by the via
stub and is not the "real impedance". Simulate without any stub first to find
the impedance of the via structure, and then add via stublength to examine its
effect.

BR
Gert

Please visit us at the HANNOVER MESSE 2015 to discover our ideas and solutions
for Integrated Industry - „ HAII4YOU – HARTING Integrated Industry 4 You “.
From 13th to 17th of April 2015 you can find us in hall 11, stand C13.
http://www.Integrated-Industry.com

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH, Marienwerderstraße 3, D-32339 Espelkamp;
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRB 8808;
Vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Kfm. Edgar-Peter Düning,
Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Ratzmann, Dipl.-Wirtschaftsing. Ralf Martin Klein,
Dipl.-Ing. Uwe Gräff