[SI-LIST] Re: +AFs-SI-LIST+AF0- Re: Is it reasonable that an ICM model specifies a +AFs-ICMS-parameter+AF0- section using +ACI-mult+AD0-value+ACI- ?

  • From: "+ACI-Muranyi, Arpad+ACI-" <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:16:29 -0700

Shulong,

I see your point, and you are correct.  Reading the ICM spec as it is
seems to have a conflict here.  I think the intent was that in case
we have Mult, the tool would override these port assignments, and
use half of it for the S-parameter box on one end and the other
half of it for the S-parameter box on the other end.  This assumes
that the S-parameter box has the same number of ports on both
sides, which also raises the question why is this mechanism not
allowed for the +AFs-Tree Path Description+AF0-.

Anyway, we need to discuss this with the ICM subcommittee members
and figure out a solution.  So, for the time being I would suggest
that we put this discussion on hold on this public mailing list and
continue privately.

Thanks for pointing out this problem.

Arpad
+AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQ-