[SI-LIST] Re: ADDITIONAL PCI CLOCKS

  • From: "Ingraham, Andrew" <Andrew.Ingraham@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 17:50:29 -0400

> I thought of using one of the PCI outputs of the
> synthesizer to drive two PCI devices as follows:
> The output will be given to a resistor (value equals
> half the line's characteristic impedance minus the
> driver's source impedance). The other end of this
> resistor will then be split into two traces that are
> routed to the individual PCI devices.
>  Is there
> something I ought to care of?

Don't forget to check what happens when one of those PCI load devices isn't
there (PCI card not plugged in).  Or make sure that those outputs don't go
to plug-in cards.

Instead of one resistor with half the resistance, you could use two
resistors of (about) the same resistance as the others, thus giving you some
isolation between the two clocks.

Andy