[SI-LIST] ADC Grounding question - FULLY differential system

  • From: "JP Nicholls" <jpnicholls@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:30:50 -0000

I have a question concerning the grounding of ADCs in a 100% differential
system. What I mean by this is that the analog inputs AND digital outputs are
all differential, for example the Analog Devices 9430.  The digital outputs are
LVDS, a constant current technology.

Differential signalling is the traditional way to transmit signals between two
systems
whose grounds are NOT CONNECTED.  So do I need to join analog and digital
ground
at all, save on the chassis and/or power supply circuitry?

Many thanks,

--
JP Nicholls  /  jpnicholls@xxxxxxxx

Powerwave UK Ltd
Embassy House
Queen's Avenue
Bristol, BS8 1SB
United Kingdom

Tel:   +44 (0)117 910 5600
Fax:   +44 (0)117 910 5601
Web:   http://www.powerwave.com

The information in this communication and any attached documents contains
confidential information of Powerwave Technologies, Inc. If you are not the
intended recipient, or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute or use this
information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete all electronic copies
and destroy any hard copies.

List archives are viewable at: