[SI-LIST] Re: AC Coupling and Differential Pair's Termination

  • From: Paul Levin <levinpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:19:11 -0700

Folks,

It is always advisable to terminate both modes. In general, you need the
three resistor T termination to terminate the two modes. If, however, the
lines are so loosely coupled that Zodd ~ Zeven, then you can use two
separate R's to ground, each equal to Zodd or Zeven. Regardless of the
degree of coupling, if you use a single line-to-line resistor, you may
be able to terminate the odd mode correctly, but you ignore the even mode
by failing to terminate it.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Levin