[SI-LIST] Re: AC Coupled Signals

  • From: "Chris Cheng" <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:45:12 -0700

Let me try my hand on why position matter.

A normal passive channel is reciprocal. e.g. S12=3DS21 It only says the =
off diagonal elements are symmetic. It doesn't say the diagonal elements =
have to be equal. I believe this was the basis of Jeff Loyer's =
discussion a while ago.

The presence of the discontinuity affects the S11 and S22 dramatically =
different based on whether it is close to the Tx or Rx.

In the presences of imperfect loading on the Rx side, it is the =
interaction between the S22 and loading that matters.=20

Thus position makes a difference. i.e. we are tuning the S22 with the =
non-ideal loading.

QED