[SI-LIST] Re: AC Blocking capacitor relative positions and reference plane voids

  • From: "Lee Ritchey" <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jean-francois hasson" <jfhasson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:39:39 -0800

Jean-Francois,

This is a great deal of work for no detectable benefit.  I think someone
made that rule up.  Don't bother making these voids.  Their effect on the
overall impedance is nearly undetectable.  I know, I've made the
measurements.  I'll bet the author of the rule hasn't.

Lee Ritchey

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: