[SI-LIST] A simple problem about setup time

  • From: "Rtm He" <rtm_he@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:36:6 +0800

hi,si-guru,
   I'm reading a book about pci spec.,and I noticed that PCI's transfer need no
hold time
(it is 0ns),what's the meaning of this clause?
   I'm not familiar the hardware implement of PCI device,if it's easy to
implement hold time
be 0ns(I think it's easy because pci device is very popular in market),why not
produce
device which need no hold time,I think it can reduce hardwork for si simulation.
   Perhaps it's a silly thought,but I'm not sure of it.Can anyone give some
advice on it?

Hao
2002.9.14

List archives are viewable at: