[SI-LIST] Re: A question about XTK

  • From: Tadashi Arai <arap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[SI-LIST]" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:24:03 +0900

Hi Abe,

Can you run such simulation WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM?

I used to try "RANDOM" option (almost 1 year ago:), however it run for
64 cycles, it didn't run with "Segmentation Fault" for 128 cycles.

I am not sure if this issue was fixed.

Regards,

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:17:11 -0800
"Abe Riazi" <ariazi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>      Perry Qu  Wrote:
>
>        Hi, Abe:
>
> I'm interested to know how to do this in SIF also. Could you give a short
> example showing the syntax in SIF to generate a pseudo-random bit pattern ?
> I'm
> interested in this mainly for pre-layout simulation in scratchpad.
>
> THanks
>
> Perry
>

> Hi Perry:
>
> Here is an example .sif file utilizing the RANDOM option:
>
> Netname PERIOD: 10 %HIGH 50 CYCLES: 200 RANDOM OFFSET: 0.0 JTTER: 0.0
>
> Using a recent Nutcracker version of XTK (on a Windows NT
> platform),  I have been able to select any driver of the net and then
> produce an eye pattern at the input of a desired receiver.  As noted in my
> aerlier poat, the eye pattern can reveal information related to ringback,
> jiiter,
> min/max slew rates, source synchronous timing, etc.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Abe Riazi
> ServerWorks

> List archives are viewable at:

Tadashi Arai//Platform Design Dept.,Mobile Computing Div. Fujitsu Limited
arap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  TEL:+81-42-370-7624  Ohmaru, Inagi-shi, Tokyo, Japan

List archives are viewable at: