[SI-LIST] Re: A doubt in PADS 2005

  • From: Darshan Mehta <darshanmehta2k@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nikitanivan@xxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:14:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Nikita,

You are right. To reduce the Crosstalk, we should route the traces orthogonally
on adjacent layers. By doing this we are trying to avoid traces running
parallel to each other on adjacent layers

In PADLayout, to set the direction of routing, go to Setup > Layers and set the
direction of Routing (Horizontal or Vertical). If you have any question about
PADS, you can post it on PADS-Talk listserver.
http://www.mentor.com/products/pcb/pads/listservers.cfm

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Darshan Mehta

nikitanivan <nikitanivan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Gurus,

I have come up with one more doubt.I am currently working in PADS2005.
While applying the dualstrip line concept,the adjacent layers are
traced orthogonally to reduce crosstalk( am I right?).

Is there any option available in PADS2005 that helps me to check, if
the layers are traced orthogonally.Please guide me in this issue

Thanks in advance,
Nikita

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: