[SI-LIST] Re: 6 Layer Stack-up

  • From: "John Matthews" <john.matthews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chris.cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:21:45 +0100

Chris

Definitely worth thinking about, I think that the reason I didn't go that
way in
the first place was that I thought I would have better decoupling if power
and
ground were adjacent.

Of course I neglected the fact that top and bottom would not have reference
planes,
which was partly corrected second time round with the copper fills.

There seems to be a bit of compromise involved. We fix one problem at the
expense of
another.

John