[SI-LIST] 550 Mbps LVDS Cable and Connector Help

  • From: Rod Barman <rodb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 22:33:50 -0700

Hi All,

I'm hoping them some kind folks can help me out with a cost effective connector
and cable solution to transmit LVDS signals 50cm or less.  We have
5 channel link 100 ohm differential pairs up to a remote circuit board and 5
differential
channel link 100 ohm pairs down.  The clock rate is 75 MHz which turns into a
bit rate of
525 Mpbs on the data lines.  I don't believe ribbon cable twisted or not would
work at
these speeds and distances.

If possible we'd like to use something off the shelf or at least readily
available. It
looks like Tyco's precision interconnect and 3M have lots of suitable solutions
but
they all appear to be quite expensive.

DVI comes close but doesn't have enough available pairs.  I was wondering if
SCSI VHDCI
cables and connectors might work, even though this would give us an excess of
pairs.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Thanks --rod.

List archives are viewable at: