[SI-LIST] Re: 24-layer PCB Stack-up

  • From: "Geva" <geva@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ched_chang@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:17:55 -0800

I think Istvan is right about minimizing the number of ground layers.

Instead of using Gnd in between 2 signal layers, you can impliment 2 signal
layers in between 2 Gnd layers, in such way that the 2 signals will be close
only to one Gnd plane (~.04" approx.) and  far away from each other (~.08"
dielectric thickness).
This way you will have signal in microstrip structure, with fairly good
isolation between the 2 signals, especially if they are in 90 degrees to
each other.

The stack up will looks like (partly):
 4. Gnd
 5. Signal