[SI-LIST] Re: 20H Rule

  • From: Dudi Tash <dudi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Makarand.Kanade@xxxxxxxxxx" <Makarand.Kanade@xxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 19:11:53 +0300

Hi Mak,

Indeed this is a "tricky question". The 20H Rule approach was to solve fringing
problems out of the PCB, while in fact the layout geometry shall have a design
(Bandwidth of the signals) dependent results.

According to my experience, and some articles I've read, in order to make it
work you should run simulations to feel more "comfortable" with the design.

Please take a look at the following:

http://www.sigrity.com/papers/epep2000/epep_20h.pdf
http://www.mwr.medianis.net/pdf/Vol7No3-12-ZPantic-Tanner.pdf

I hope this helps

Best Regards,
Dgtronix Ltd. I Founder & CEO I Dudi Tash
eFax: +972-3-7256490 I Mobile: +972-54-6345629 I Office: +972-9-9660967
www.dgtronix-tech.com

*This email contains confidential and proprietary information of Dgtronix Ltd.*