[SI-LIST] Re: 0.8mm BGA routing

  • From: Steeve Gaudreault <s.gaud@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 11:39:32 -0500

What I did in previous design, was asking the PCB shop of what they are able
to achieve. Some pads like power and gnd can use blind vias to the 1 or 2
layer down and this provide more routing channel using inner layers. They
can also suggest smaller hole size and smaller FHS etc. Try to get a feel
from more than 1 PCB shop. Also, depending of the device that you are using,
the manufacturer sometime have a breakout example in their app note.

Good luck.

Steeve Gaudreault
H/W engineer