[SI-LIST] Re: 答复: 答复: 答复: HDMI Frequency Failing RE Test by 7dB!!!!

  • From: vinod ah <ah.vinod@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SI-LIST <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 15:13:49 +0530

HI All,

I had been to EMC lab for testing and here are the results.

1) With image plane addition to the HDMI shield pins and shield pins
grounded directly to ground at multiple points, there was 4 dB
reduction in radiation level.

2) With Only shield pins grounded directly to ground at multiple
points, there was 2dB reduction in radiation level.

3) With ferrite clamp on the HDMI cables, there was 2dB reduction in
radiation level at 742MHz.

4) Reducing the voltage swing of HDMI signals gave another 0.5dB
reduction in radiation level

5) By turning on On-Die series termination in the HDMI TX output
drivers, we could get another 0.5dB reduction in radiation level.

6) During ambient readings i.e. Blu ray player connected to TV through
HDMI cable, the 742MHz is passing by 8dB only. Previous lab visits,
the EMC lab person had shown us Min envelope instead of Max envelope
during peak scan, thus mis-leading us to think that the setup is not
contributing to the radiation.

So Although i am just passing the FCC limits, is there anything i can
do to make it pass by some margin, so that in final certification i
have some confidence of passing FCC ? Is the setup which itself is
passing by 8dB is acceptable to use or should i try some other setup?
Currently i am using Sony Blu ray player, LG TV and Copper shielded
HDMI cable with ferrite clamp. Is there any better Blu ray players or
TV is suggested for final certification?

Regards
Vinod A H

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: