[SI-LIST] 答复: 答复: HDMI Frequency Failing RE Test by 7dB!!!!

  • From: "Zhenwei Wang (zhenwwan)" <zhenwwan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Traa, Boris" <boris.traa@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ah.vinod@xxxxxxxxx>, "SI-LIST" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 17:11:26 +0800

Hi Boris,
        Actually, I am just guessing. EMI issue has three key features:
Aggressor, Coupling trace and Receiver. Based Vine's description, the HDMI
cable acted as the coupling trace in his design. But when the same cable
connected Sony Blue ray disc and TV, the radiation disappear(Vend did not say
that directly). So I guessed that in one or two or three TMDS differential
pair, some shielding line worked as the antenna to radiate the bit clock
frequency.
        BTW, if have a HDMI SI report(especially intra-pair skew or cross-point
of TMDS), the guessing will be clear. I know the feeling when EMC test failed,
much more pressure. So good luck to Vend.
BR
Zhenwei(Jason) Wang
Cisco Systems (Shanghai) Video Technology Co., Ltd.