[ SHOWGSD-L ] young adult dogs.....resuce or?

  • From: Holly Woods <hollywoods@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:27:38 -0800

I quite often have people contact me looking for a dog that is not a puppy.
I have two people I have told I will keep my eye open for them. I see so
many on here that they would like but they are mostly far away.
I am in the interior of British Columbia. They would probably drive  a
certain distance for the right dog or maybe even fly one in if not too
expensive.
Both are homes on acreage with other animals. Horses, dogs, cats, and lots
of exercise.They must be good with people but the one definetly wants hers
to be a little aloof and bark if someone is around as she has had a
neighbour snooping around lately and her border collies arent barking
Doesnt want it to be an attack dog or anything but just to bark and let her
know there is someone there. the other is a pyschologist that does treatment
from her home on acreage so dog must be freindly. Both have horses and
animals.. so no cat killers or animal chasers.. The dogs go with them when
riding. Both people dont want a puppy but maybe one that someone has got
back or someone couldnt keep for some reason. I am very familiar with the
one lady but just on a speaking acquaintance with the pyschologist. She
seems to love animals though.
Thinking both would be good homes.
Let me know if anything comes up that would be a reasonable distance and I
will pass the info on to them

Holly Woods
Marrand Shepherds Williams Lake, B.C.