[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: yes or no - 9 days is up!

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: CagGra@xxxxxxx, d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 10:45:25 EST

In a message dated 2/7/2007 8:07:27 A.M. Central Standard Time,
caggra@xxxxxxx writes:

If anyone in that room that day was tricked by a magic show  and realizes it
now, they should step up and say so.  I would have  more respect for that,
over silence & avoidance.

Jeff  Pyle
AND.........

But this constant rhetoric that the Board
was in  fear and at risk to be sued and misinformed??     We have D  & O
coverage anyway.
There never was a threat of a law suit and  there was never any "conflicting"
 legal advice
and there never  was any conflict of information.
The Board was never in disarray or in  mass confusion and fear,  nor given
conflicting legal counsel
or  threatened or rushed to judgement.   We had three months to give  this
vote serious consideration
and research Hunte Corp. and listen to  the membership, and Mr. Hunte was
allowed to speak on
behalf of his  business and self.
That's IT!

Carolyn   marhaven@xxxxxxx
_www.marhaven.com_ (http://www.marhaven.com)
Tell  you one thing we all seem to agree on - we are a passionate lot with
our  convictions.
Read Jeff's post, then re read Carolyns post below it.
Then think about this......this WAS a closed session, our club's  guidelines
clearly say what happens in closed session will be not be  discussed.   Some
who were in there are speaking, some are  not.  Personal choice, by if you
follow the guidelines, you don't  discuss it. Erstwhile, I do appreciate the
reasons that those who did  chose to speak explained their position.  Their
choice.
I don't agree with the yes voters, I can't support the decision to  allow
Hunte in OUR club, but, as many others have said, a lot of those yes  voters
are
friends and will continue to be.  I will not make it  personal on that count.
 I did make a personal issue with Carmen on  this....he has a much more
intense involvement with Hunte than the rest  and certainly gives the
appearance of
support both in and out of the board  room.  Because of that I think he
should have removed himself from  the proceedings.
BUT, what has happened is all history now - and I do not think we  have the
right to push outside of our clubs guidelines and try to force  the yes voters
hand.  If they have not spoken yet, they aren't going  to.  Move on folks.  If
you want to remember who they are, do  that.  Personally I know who they are,
and as I said, many are good  friends.
Public flogging only gives the maddening crowd satisfaction for such  a brief
moment.   So let's push the point of attempting to  invalidate the vote with
sound reasoning, or fixing this mess so it does  not happen again.
Someone close told me years ago if you do something wrong, you become  a part
of 9 day of gossip, diminishing each day. After 9 days, it usually  dies a
quiet death.  Time to do that.

I really liked the idea of no one getting into the PC who has not  been a
member of a regional club or if not one available, a local kennel  club.  I
also
like that the first year it is on associate membership  or call it a
probationary term with the right to oust anyone at the end of  that year who we
feels
has less than our goals in whole in mind.  But  we do need them clearly defined.
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog  biscuits in your pocket
and then give him only two of  them>>>>Phil  Pastoret