[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: would you find this offensive?

  • From: Rikers123@xxxxxxx
  • To: dfritsche@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, goodwitch132004@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 19:39:26 EST

In a message dated 12/28/2005 7:28:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dfritsche@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>  i do not want to offend anyone!   call me naive,  but i see this as a
> symbol of the south- and my or one's  interpritation of that...small town,
> country living, respect, mannors.  i'm sort of a polyanna-   but i am a
> possitive  person.
> jenn

Then for goodness sakes, Jenn, do not:
* Use  any symbol - they are designed to differentiate, define and identify,
thus  excluding others.
* Celebrate any tradition - there are those who are of  other traditions and
who, if you are not with them, will conclude that you  are against them, so
they will be offended.
* Use any colloquialism or  regional language - If makes those who are not
from your parts, feel  different and thus offended.
* Take off any holiday - Goodness knows, every  holiday has some religious
connotation, cause or event behind it that is  offensive to someone.
* Be careful not to talk - people get offended
*  Be careful not to exhale - your breath might not be sweet enough
* Be  careful not to go places - someone might see you there and...

We live  in a world that, unfortunately, is so fragile that we cannot relax
and  enjoy being who we are, speaking what we think, thinking what we want
and  doing what we please, simply because the offended minority think  they
deserve to live in a vacuum of anything that they do not approve of.  Freedom
is not freedom from offense, it is freedom to be....

So, be  who you are, and if I am offended by your words, your symbols,  your
religion, your music, your race, your anything.... That is my problem  - not
yours.

Dave

I agree with Dave. We have become a country so politically correct  that we
have lost our true beliefs in fear that we'll offend someone, somewhere,
somehow. We are so afraid of being percieved as being "bad", that we hide,
surpress and some have even forgotten our core values. I was raised in the
military
and taught to respect others but not at the expense of my honest  beliefs. I
am from the south and have lived in the south most of my life. The  Confederate
flag is just that............a flag. It represents what you feel it
represents, nothing more, nothing less. Me, it represents the South and has
zilch to
do with racism or offensiveness. I will say Merry Christmas and  anything else
I darn well wish to and to **** with political correctness.

Denise  Groenewald
_www.greenwoodshepherds.com_ (http://www.greenwoodshepherds.com/)