[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: would you find this offensive?

  • From: "Mike Crowson" <ruready8336@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <goodwitch132004@xxxxxxxxx>, "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 21:31:25 -0600

being from the south, born and raised, I have come to realize that no matter
how innocent your intentions are, there will alyways be hurt feelings
regarding the confederate flag. I battled internally for many years during
the debates over tha past several years concerning the "rebel" flag and I
believe Morgan Freeman summed it up the best. He said somnething to the
effect.."If you honestly believe that that flag does not offend then you are
stupid!!!!

It represents our past and should be remembered in a museum, not forgotten
as some would like, and not plastered everywhere in our current society,
i.e. courthouses flag poles, part of the MS  state flag, etc.

If you want to represent the South of today, find something a bit more
representative of the 21st century.

Regards,

Mike Crowson

PS, not that it matters but I am a caucasian male who loves his heritage
past and present... I can also recognize the good and the bad w/in my state
history. We have come along ways since the civil rightsd era, we still have
a long way to go...lets speed the process up and get rid of those symbols of
hatred.