[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: would you find this offensive?

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx, Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:00:11 -0800 (PST)

While I agree with the sentiments below, reality says that people have been
killed for less.  I guess one has to pick their battles and if this (meaning
wearing a confederate flag emblem) is an important issue, I say 'go for it',
but if not....???  In the past I have taken a stand for something that was
important to me that certainly put me in harm's way, and it was worth it to me
because the cause was important to me.  I did not get the impression that the
original poster was dead-set on making a stand, just concerned that she might
offend someone, and I say she will.  Cynthia
RihadinK9@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 12/28/2005 7:28:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dfritsche@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

We live in a world that, unfortunately, is so fragile that we cannot relax
and enjoy being who we are, speaking what we think, thinking what we want
and doing what we please, simply because the offended minority think they
deserve to live in a vacuum of anything that they do not approve of. Freedom
is not freedom from offense, it is freedom to be....

So, be who you are, and if I am offended by your words, your symbols, your
religion, your music, your race, your anything.... That is my problem - not
yours.

Dave

YIPPEE!!! My thoughts exactly! There isn't a 'politically correct" bone in
my body! If you want to wear, wear it.

Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you
with experience...

_http://www.rihadin.com_ (http://www.rihadin.com/)

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Yahoo! Photos
 Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,
whatever.