[ SHOWGSD-L ] would you find this offensive?

  • From: jenn pekins <goodwitch132004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:29:53 -0800 (PST)

hi all (or should i say y'all?)
  i need advise.   i am originally from the northeast and now live in the
south.  north by birth, south by choice & american by the grace of god...but
anyway.
  i have a favorite jean jacket, with my kennel name and logo embroidered on
the back,  i want to put some patches on it; one is the gsdcc patch i bought at
the national there, one is an american flag, and one(here is the controversy)
is a confederate flag.
  i do not want to offend anyone!   call me naive, but i see this as a symbol
of the south- and my or one's interpritation of that...small town, country
living, respect, mannors. i'm sort of a polyanna-   but i am a possitive
person.
  my husband thinks it could be misinturped, and that i may offend people.
  now i'm thinking if i have to ask, don't put it on...
  what do you guys think?   tia

jenn
fullmoon german shepherd dogs
*if i have to explain~you wouldn't understand*